9.16.2009


MUSIC IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE


What's the Point?

I'm going to be blogging about music whenever I am inspired. I may discuss an older album, a new release, a concert I went to, or the music business. Being a music journalist has a lot to do with deadlines and reviewing stuff you don't necessarily care about, and a lot less to do with being inspired. I am excited to have an outlet for my thoughts on music without having to make anyone else happy. The idea came from a thought I had where I feel strongly about which singles should be released from an album and they are almost never the ones that are released by the record label (musicality-wise). When I went to college for Music Industry, I said I wanted to do A&R (like everyone else) because I feel I have a good taste in music. My personality isn't conducive to being an A&R person, but I love music more than anything, so I want to support musicians that I truly believe in. I hope you enjoy what I want to share with you and that you can find some great new music through me!

Why Should You Care What I Think?

I really think it's fun to discuss music with others and discover new, inspiring music. If that reason isn't enough to care what I think, here is a bit of my history with music: I played viola for ten years, took piano, music theory, voice, and guitar lessons in college, did time in independent and chain music retailers, had a radio show, worked at a music publishing company, a music distributor, an artist management company, my Bachelors degree is in Music Industry, and I am currently a music journalist and concert photographer.

Want to Contribute?

If you have an idea for a topic of discussion regarding the music business, a new album you think I should hear, a concert you want me to review and/or take photos for, or to interview your band, let me know and I'll see if it sounds fun! Be forewarned - I am very picky with my music and won't spend time writing a blog on something that doesn't inspire me, so don't be offended if I choose not to use your suggestion. On the other hand, if you are awesome, I get very passionate about the music I believe in, you let's hope you fall into that category!

Concert Photography Portfolio

I have been doing concert photography for five years and it is my passion. Please contact me if you would like me to take photographs of your band (I am in the Orlando, FL area, but I am willing to travel).

KAPTURE CREATIVE

musicblogger@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment